I spent the majority of yesterday in my conservatory and it was just glorious. It was one of the sunniest days we have had for ages and it signifies the start of spring (or so I hope anyway). It was quite unexpected actually, I had checked my BBC weather app just the day before and it had indicated that it would be windy and cloudy but it turned out to be quite wrong!
On a sunny day like that, you can’t afford to just sit there consuming some Vitamin D. So I got up (reluctantly) from my swing sofa/seat and went to look for something else I could consume. Open the freezer, no ice cream (sigh) but I am not giving up on a sweet, cool treat just yet. Open the fridge, I see yogurt. Turn around and I see passion fruit in the fruit basket. And that is when I thought of combining the two – passion fruit and yogurt. Then I had a even better idea… a crunchy topping! Got out my box of crunchy nut cornflakes and got out some peanuts. Damn right, crunchy nut was not crunchy enough and I needed more. So I made some caramelised peanuts and added that for an extra crunch and let me tell you, this turned out to be one hell of a treat.
The topping is optional but definitely recommended. If you don’t have crunchy nut cornflakes then you can easily make your own or leave it out. If you put these into little shot glasses then it becomes the perfect sweet course for any summer party. Are you feeling it? Of course you are, here’s what you need for around 4 shot glasses worth.
Prep time: 10 mins
- Approx 8 roasted peanuts – halved or crushed
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Quarter cup of crunchy nut cornflakes (optional)
- 8 tablespoons of creamy, natural yogurt (Greek Style would do the job too)
- Half a passion fruit
Approx calories per portion (shot glass): 66 kcal
- Get a small saucepan with a heavy bottom and put on low heat. Add the sugar and water in and stir until it has melted and until it becomes thicker (quantity will start reducing). This usually takes around 5 minutes.
- Add the peanuts in and stir until it is coated with sugar and turn gas off. Leave to cool down. Might want to keep stirring for the next few minutes so they don’t stick to the pan.
- Once peanuts have fully cooled down, add them to the crunchy nut cornflakes unless you have decided to leave that out.
- Now you can start assembling your treat. Get a shot glass, add around 2 tablespoons of yogurt in each, followed by a teaspoon of the passion fruit seeds and finish off with the crunchy topping. That’s all you gotta do!
A quick and easy one for the summer – hope you like it!
Note: If you choose to assemble and eat from shot glasses, you will need teaspoons or even smaller spoons to eat with. ;]
If you would like to keep updated with my posts, please click that follow button and/or follow me on Facebook by clicking here. 🙂